Mad River Wrestling Officials Association
Name: This organization shall be known as the Mad River Wrestling Officials Association
A. To provide a local wrestling official's association
B. To provide the interpretation of wrestling rules as established by the National Federation and OHSAA
C. To encourage and assist in developing new officials
D. To foster a high standard of ethics and professionalism
E. To Promote amateur wrestling
F. To further the interest of wrestling in general
A. The Association shall consist of licensed wrestling officials, retired wrestling officials, wrestling coaches, and others interested in the sport of wrestling
B. An official who desires to become a member in the Mad River Wrestling Officials Association must apply for membership
by means of written application
C. All members shall have the right to vote and hold office
D. All members have the right to vote except:
1. Members under suspension from the OHSAA
2. Members not attending at least four annual official's meetings
3. Members not current with payment of Association dues
E. Any member who retires from officiating wrestling, the Mad River Wrestling Officials Association and the OHSAA, and is in good
standing in the OHSAA, may apply for an honorary membership. Honorary members will pay no dues,
but will have the right to vote and hold office
F. Annual dues for all members shall be $35.00. Annual dues must be paid on or before the
Last Scheduled meeting date in December of the current wrestling season, or be subject to a $5.00 late fee.
Officers - Election
A. The officers of the organization shall be president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, and rules interpreter
B. Term of Office for Association officers is as follows:
1. President...…..…....1 Year (Russ Parrish 2017)
2. Vice-President......1 Year (John Parrish 2017)
3. Secretary...…..…....3 Years (James Milligan 2017)
4. Treasurer...…..…...3 Years (Dave Fullenkamp 2017)
5. Rules Interpreter..1 year (Scott Myers 2017)
C. The office of President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer shall be elected by a majority
vote of the members at the last regularly scheduled meeting, in accordance with the expiration of their term,
and will serve as such for ______ term.
D. The Rules Interpreter shall be appointed by the President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer, for the following
wrestling season, on the last regular meeting date, and will serve as such for _____ term.
E. The newly elected officers shall be installed during the last scheduled meeting.
F. If an office becomes vacant for any reason, the office will be filled by a majority vote at the next regular meeting date.
A. The President shall preside at all meetings of the Association. The President may appoint committees to assist him in doing business
for the Association.
B. The Vice-President shall perform the duties of the President in the event of his absence.
C. The Secretary shall keep the records of the proceedings of the Association. He shall keep an account of all business that he
has transacted for the Association.
He also shall:
1. Have charge of all printing and publications of the Association
2. Receive all applications for membership
3. Keep a record of all attendance and report said attendance to the OHSAA in accordance with state regulation
D. The Treasurer shall collect all fees and dues. He shall pay all expenses which are approved by the Association.
E. The Rules Interpreter shall:
1. Be liaison between the state office and the Association on rules and rule interpretations
2. Attend any meetings concerning rules or interpretations and report such to the membership
A. The meetings shall be held during the times prescribdd by the OHSAA. Notice of the place and date of meetings shall be sent to members
of good standing no later than 10 days before the first meeting of the year.
B. 60% of active members shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business.
C. The order of business shall be as follows:
1. Reading of minutes
2. Treasurer's report
3. Report of any standing committees
4. Roll Call
5. Old Business
6. New business
7. Presentation of rules interpretation and officiating mechanics
D. Meetings of the Association shall be held for one hour and 15 minutes in length, except
for business on the floor.
1. All members must be in attendance within 10 minutes after the start of the meeting in order to be credited with attending.
2. Members may not leave early and still be credited with attending.
Amendment of Constitution
A. The Constitution may be amended at any meeting by an affirmative vote of
two-thirds of the votes cast, provided that such an amendment shall be signed by any
five members of good standing and submitted in writing and read at the previous meeting.